Saturday, November 23, 2013

Monhegan Part III

Moving on ...
 After our "moment" on the cliffs we backtracked ..to the village


Past the famous Wyeth "Red House"...



 and the weather worn "Monhegan House".
 To a well deserved break at the newly opened
"Monhegan Brewing Company" for a refreshing Trap Stacker Special Ale.

 Working our way back to the boat landing we had enough time to enjoy some of the delightful scenes on that beautiful autumn day..
 The soft afternoon sunlight and lengthening shadows playing on the buildings and landscape makes it quite obvious why Monhegan has inspired artists for so long.
 Soon our ride back to the mainland approached and our short visit to Monhegan was almost at an end.
Sitting at the stern on the Elizabeth Ann and watching Monhegan slowly disappear in her wake, we bid farewell to the "out to sea" island. And hoping it won't be too long before we can return to enjoy her charms once again.

10 comments:

  1. I know I'm missing something by not having been to Maine. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos, the first and last are favorites.
    Although I don't drink beer I do admire the small brewery's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes guts to open a business on an island that basically "closes down" from November to May..Thanks for commenting Alan..

      Delete
  3. It's a great place to be. Hopefully you can make it here someday Howard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have got the best of both worlds with the awesome ocean views and inland streams--I only wish my wife and I could live in that area, too late in life for us to move now. Thanks for sharing some scenic images

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am living here in Maine Bill. The Maine-way is a great way to spend a lifetime.

      Delete
  5. I just discovered your wonderful blog! Maine is so awesome, isn't it? Looking forward to following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete