Saturday, July 14, 2012

More Warfare....Lobster Boat Variety

I headed over to Searsport this morning to checkout the sights and sounds of the lobster boat races. First time for me...

One of the boats the Foolish Pleasure out of Beals Island (I think) has a turbo-charged engine.

Man does that thing blat! (I think that's a Maine term..)..roughly 10 Harley's put together..

Anyways they had a bit of a mechanical problem with it and had to bring her back in for some troubleshooting. You know, I'm a little hard of hard of hearing and even I had to move from my spot when they throttled up...

I had to leave early so I don't know how it all turned out but I hear (well sort of) they are in Stonington tomorrow.. I'm pretty sure that I will be able to hear them from here..

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a modified stock car.
    Maybe some lobsta for the winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's basically what it amounts to Brk Trt..I guess it doesn't take long for them to get to the next string of traps! Thanks for the comment my man..

      Delete