Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Puppy Stick Fight - Ray vs Boyd

As I have had nothing to blog about in the past month or so since my fishing has come to it's annual  late fall halt I  decided my computer was in need of some house cleaning, So I've been going thru the multitude of digital photos from the past summer or two that have been dumped onto the hard drive of my laptop. 

You may (or may not) know from past blog posts that our home has been blessed with a number of wonderful dogs. My wife is a Regional Manager for Guiding Eyes For The Blind so therefore we always have two or three exceptional dogs in our household. Dogs in training to be a guide, dogs who have retired from guiding and dogs who washed out of the program. Presently we have two dogs, Tessie , a little female yellow lab who is in training and Ray, my faithful companion, a large marshmellow tempered boy who was one of those washout pups. He just couldn't cope with the increased pressure of decision making so he ended up back home with us. And how wonderful it is to have him here...

Ray is in the photo below with Boyd , who we raised a couple of years ago. Boyd also didn't make it thru the program because of a physical condition. But he too is a fine dog now living with a loving family in New York state.  The photo was taken by my wife on one of our many boating trips two summers ago. It really captures how well the two boys played together and consequently how much enjoyment we get from watching them. I hope you enjoy it too...

1 comment: